Mount Paran Primitive Baptist Church in Monroe, GA would like to announce its Annual Meeting. Details as follows:
Friday, August 2nd
- Services start at 7 p.m., with Elder Danny Parker (Danville, Virginia) preaching
- Please come early for a fish fry dinner in the fellowship building
Saturday, August 3rd
- Services start at 10:30 a.m.
- Elder Danny Parker (Danville, VA) and Elder Garry Hall (Macon, GA) will be with us
- Pot luck lunch in the fellowship building after services
All are invited to come and visit!
Sorrells Springs Primitive Baptist Church will be having its annual meeting October 27-29. Directions can be found below the following service details:
Friday, Oct. 27th at 7:00pm: Elder Michael Gowens
Saturday, Oct. 28th at 10:00am: Elder Michael Gowens and Elder Chris McCool
Lunch and fellowship following service
Communion and Foot-washing service after lunch
Sunday, Oct. 29th at 10:30: Elder Chris McCool
From U.S. 78 near Monroe, Georgia…
Take the Exit for Georgia Highway 11
Travel north two miles (if you end up in downtown Monroe, you went south)
Turn left at Bold Springs Road (a gas station will be on your left)
Drive three miles
Turn left into Sorrells Springs Primitive Baptist Church
Please join us for our annual singing service on Sunday, May 6th around 1:30 p.m.
If you can make it, Mt Paran will be having normal worship services at 10:30, followed by pot-luck lunch. After lunch, we will go back in the church to sing praises to God for an hour (or two!).
There will be a guest preacher at Mt. Paran for the April 29th, 2012 services. Elder Jeff Patterson from Carthage, Tennessee will be joining us.
He will also preach at a special service on Saturday, April 28th at 6:30 p.m. There will be coffee and light refreshments before the service, starting around 5:30.
Brother Neal Robertson, a long-time member and deacon at Mount Paran, passed away today, March 9, 2011, around noon. While we don’t have to pray for Brother Neal any longer, please keep his family, friends, and church in your prayers.
For anyone wishing to pay their respects to Brother Neal and the entire Robertson Family, the arrangements are as follows:
- Friday, March 11, 2011
- 6 to 8 p.m.
- Meadows Funeral Home of Monroe (Phone: 770-267-9406)
760 Hwy 11 SE
Monroe, GA 30655
- Directions: Click Here
Funeral & Interment:
- Saturday, March 12, 2011
- 11 a.m. with lunch to follow
- Mt. Paran Primitive Baptist Church (Phone: 706-717-8171)
- Get off I-20 at Exit 98
- Turn north on Georgia Highway 11 and travel 5 miles
(through Social Circle) to a four-way stop
- Go straight through this intersection
- Travel 3.4 miles until you come to Mt. Paran Church Road
- Turn left
- Mt. Paran Primitive Baptist Church will be on your left in two-tenths of a mile
***If traveling from U.S. 78…Take Highway 11 south through Monroe. Drive just under four miles before turning left at Mount Paran Church Road. Drive 5.5 miles and the church will be on your right.
Brother Chris Edwards