Mount Paran Primitive Baptist Church
State of Georgia, Walton County
Articles of Faith
(1) We believe in one true and living God and that there is a Trinity of persons in the Godhead; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost and yet there are not three, but One.
John 1:1 and 14, 1 John 5:7, John 10:30
(2) We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament as recorded in the 1611 King James Bible are the divinely inspired words of God and the only rule of faith and practice.
2 Timothy 3:16, Psalms 12:6-7, 2 Peter 1:19-21
(3) We believe that in the transgression of Adam, he fell under the condemnation of God’s holy law, and that all his posterity were corrupted in him, and so are condemned in sin, and have neither the will or power to deliver themselves from this state into the favor of God.
Genesis 2:17, Romans 5:12, Romans 5:18-19, Romans 3:9-23, John 6:44
(4) We believe that God, before the foundation of the world, chose a definite number of the human race in Christ Jesus to salvation, and that they in particular are saved.
John 6:37-41, Ephesians 1:4-5, Romans 8:29-30
(5) We believe that all who are chosen in Christ (the elect) shall be called, sanctified and glorified by the Holy Spirit; that they are justified in the sight of God by the imputed righteousness of Christ; and that they (the elect) shall be preserved in grace and will never fall away or be lost from His eternal grace.
1 Peter 1:5, John 10:27-29, Romans 8:35-39. Jude vs 1
(6) We believe that faith is a gift of God; that good works and actions of faith are fruits of the Spirit and evidences of our salvation and justify us only in the sight of men and angels.
Hebrews 11:1, Galatians 5:22, 1 Timothy 5:21, James 2:21-24
(7) We believe in a general judgment, and the resurrection both of the just and the unjust, and that the joys of the righteous shall be eternal and the punishment of the wicked shall be everlasting.
John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:31-46, Revelation 20:11-15
(8) We believe that the visible Church of Christ is a congregation of baptized believers in Christ adhering to a special covenant, which recognizes Christ as their only lawgiver and ruler and His word their exclusive guide in all religious matters and each individual member has an equal right to the government thereof.
Colossians 1:18, Acts 2:41-42, Ephesians 4:3-7
(9) We believe that a faithful exercise of discipline tends to the Glory of God and the prosperity and happiness of the Church.
1 Corinthians 5:1-13, Matthew 18:15-20, 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15
(10) We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances appointed by Christ for the Church; that baptism is by the immersion of a believer in water by a proper administrator (ordained Elder) in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Ghost; and that only properly baptized and orderly Church members have a right to Communion at the Lord’s table.
1 Corithians 11:2, John 3:23, Matthew 3:16, Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Corinthians 5:9-11, Acts 2:41-42
(11) We believe that the washing of the disciples feet by Jesus Christ is an example which we should observe, therefore, we ought to wash one another’s feet.
John 13:13-17, 1 Timothy 5:10,
(12) We believe that the scriptural officers of the Church are Pastors (Elder, Bishop) and Deacons; that only male members who meet the qualifications of scripture should be considered for these offices.
1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:7-9, Acts 6:3-4, Philippians 1:1
(13) We believe it is the duty of every individual to contribute to the support of the Church, its ministers and the poor.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7, 1 Corinthians 16:2, 2 Corinthians 8:7