Mount Paran Primitive Baptist Church voted to move its annual meeting to the 4th Sunday weekend in August. Elder David Guttery, Pastor of Mount Olive Primitive Baptist Church in Cullman, AL has agreed to be with us.
Please put these dates on your calendar.
August 26 (Friday) at 7:00 pm
August 27 (Saturday) morning Worship Service, lunch, and Communion
August 28 (Sunday) at 10:30
The Church building address is:
3749 Mount Paran Church Rd
Social Circle, GA
***Please do not send mail to this address.
For information, directions, or other information, contact the following:
Chris Edwards, Church Clerk
1080 Whispering Lakes Dr
Madison, GA 30650
Elder Ronnie Loudermilk, Pastor
Sister Cleo Autry has gone home to be with the Lord. We rejoice in that knowledge and are glad that she suffers no longer.
For anyone wishing to pay their respects to Sister Cleo and the entire Autry Family, the arrangements are as follows:
- Thursday, February 18, 2010
- 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.
- Wheeler Funeral Home of Covington (Phone: 770-786-7111)
- Directions: From Interstate I-20, take exit 88 onto Almon Rd. Travel south 2.2 miles (Almon Rd. becomes Crowell Rd.) to the 2nd red light. Turn right onto Brown Bridge Rd. Wheeler Funeral Home and Crematory is located 1/4 mile on the left.
- Friday, February 19, 2010
- 11 a.m. with lunch to follow
- Mt. Paran Primitive Baptist Church (Phone: 706-717-8171)
- Get off I-20 at Exit 98
- Turn north on Georgia Highway 11 and travel 5 miles
(through Social Circle) to a four-way stop
- Go straight through this intersection
- Travel 3.4 miles until you come to Mt. Paran Church Road
- Turn left
- Mt. Paran Primitive Baptist Church will be on your left in two-tenths of a mile
***If traveling from U.S. 78…Take Highway 11 south through Monroe. Drive just under four miles before turning left at Mount Paran Church Road. Drive 5.5 miles and the church will be on your right.
On August 30th, 2009, Elder Chad O’Quinn will preach at our regular 10:30 a.m. service at Mount Paran.
Services will be followed by lunch in the fellowship hall directly adjacent to the church.
Visitors are always welcome!
Mount Paran will host its annual Singing Service at around 2 p.m. on the 1st Sunday in May 2009 (May 3rd).
Regular services of singing, prayer, and preaching begin at 10:30 a.m., and a pot-luck lunch will follow afterwards in the Fellowship Hall. You’re welcome to join us for this service, too.
But if you can only make the singing, it will, again, start around 2 p.m. (or whenever we get done eating lunch and fellowshipping with one another).
The Singing Service itself is a simple service where everyone present is invited to sing (from their pews) a few hymns out of the The Old School Hymnal in the a capella style (without any musical instruments). We sing for about an hour, and then leave.
If you any questions, you can contact Chris Edwards at 706-717-8171. Directions to Mount Paran can be found here, as well as additional contact information here. I hope you can make it.